(StGbt: 1 or 2 guns variously)
Yadkin, "a wooden propeller steamer of about 300 tons" was built at Wilmington, N.C., in 1863-64. Under the command of Lt. Comdr. W. A. Kerr, CSN, and as flagship for Commodore W. F. Lynch, she operated in that locale as late as 20 December 1864 when she was ordered to carry reinforcements to "Battery Buchanan." Yadkin was burned by the Confederates at the fall of Wilmington in February 1865.