(SwStr: t. 58)
Wilson was built at Beaufort, N.C., in 1856. She served the Confederates in the transportation of troops and supplies until captured 9 July 1862, at Hamilton, N.C., on the Roanoke River by USS Commodore Perry, Shawsheen and Ceres under the command of Comdr. S. C. Rowan, USN.
Wilson was transferred July 22, 1862 to the Army for use by the U.S. Government.