Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

W. W. Crawford

 

(SwStr: t. 123)

 

W. W. Crawford, also known as Crawford, was built in 1861 at Cincinnati, Ohio, and operated out of Louisville, Ky. She transported supplies for the Confederacy between Memphis and Helena. By August 1863 she had passed to Union control and was used as a transport in western waters.