(StwStr: t. 173; l. 130'; b. 32'; dr. 4'6")
Anna Perrette, built in 1857 at Jeffersonville, Ind., operated in the Mississippi and Red Rivers under Confederate control from 1863 to 1865. During March 1865 she was permitted by Union officials to transport cotton from the Red River to New Orleans under a flag-of-truce. The Confederates seized her cargo and imprisoned her captain in late March 1865 while ordered to treat all persons trading cotton under Yankee permits as spies.