(StwStr: t. 79; l. 114'9"; b. 20'; dph. 4'; s. 9 k.)
Alfred Robb, built at Pittsburgh, Pa., in 1860, was used by the Confederates as a transport on the upper Tennessee River. She was captured 19 April 1862, at Florence, Ala., by USS Tyler, a unit of Lt. W. Gwin's division of gunboats. Her fine condition prompted the Union leaders to arm her with a howitzer from USS Lexington and, after conversion and commissioning as USS Alfred Robb, to use her in transporting goods and patrolling on the Tennessee River. She briefly carried the name Lady Foots, but instruction from Flag Officer A. H. Foote restored the original name. She was also referred to frequently as Robb in later Union correspondence.