A. S. Ruthven
(SwStr: t. 144; l. 127'; b. 30'; dph. 4'8")
A. S. Ruthven was privately built at Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1860. By October 1863 she had been chartered for operation with the Texas Marine Department [See Annex III] under the Superintendent of Transports, J. H. Sterrett, and was operating effectively, one of six such shallow draft steamers in Galveston Bay. On 23 August 1864 she was under the control of the Quartermaster Department, running on Galveston Bay and tributaries, carrying guns, stores and personnel.
Records of the Commerce Department show that she was lost in 1869.