City of South Haven
Former name retained.
(AP: l. 265'; b. 40'3"; dr. 12'9"; s. 18 k.; cpl. 81)
City of South Haven (No. 2527), a transport, was built in 1903 by Craig Shipbuilding Co., Toledo, Ohio; purchased by the Navy 19 April 1918 at Manistee, Mich.; converted at Kraft Shipyard and Dry Dock Co., Chicago, III.; and commissioned 9 November 1918, Lieutenant Commander A. C. Wilvers, USNRF, in command.
City of South Haven departed Chicago 29 November 1918 and arrived at Boston 13 December to begin her final fitting out for use as a cross-channel transport in European waters. With the end of the war, she was no longer needed for the proposed duty and was placed on the sale list. City of South Haven was decommissioned 3 December 1919 for delivery to her purchaser.