Former name retained.
Chichota (No. 65), a yacht free-leased to the Navy, was placed in commission on 5 June 1917 and assigned to the 3d Naval District where she performed net patrol duty. She was transferred for a brief time to the Chesapeake Bay area, returning to New York early in 1918. Chichota was decommissioned on 21 December 1918 and returned to her owner.