Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Chegodega

 

A Mimac Indian word meaning "to listen."

 

Chegodega (YTB-542) was built by Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., Morris Heights, N.Y., in 1945. Placed in service on 16 November 1945, she was assigned to the Service Force, Pacific Fleet, until placed in reserve in March 1946. In January 1951 she was returned to active duty in the 1st Naval District where she continues to operate.