Former name retained.
Cedar Creek, a tanker, was built by Sun Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co., Chester, Pa., in 1943, and lend leased to the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics on 30 April 1944. She was returned to the Maritime Commission in March 1948, acquired by the Navy and classified AO-138 in July 1948, and operated in a noncommissioned status by a civilian company under contract with the Navy. In October 1949 she was assigned to the Military Sea Transportation Service and continued operations with a civilian crew. On 28 September 1954 she was placed in reserve at San Diego where she remained until 1 November 1956 when she again transferred to MSTS. She was stricken from the Naval Register and turned over to the Maritime Administration on 14 October 1957.