A river in Ohio entering Lake Erie at Cleveland.
(dp. 200; l.125'; b. 23'4"; dr. 6'10"; s. 14 k.)
Cuyahoga was built in 1927 in Camden, N.J.; transferred from the Coast Guard 29 May 1933; and commissioned 1 April 1935, Chief Boatswain J. H. Kevers in command.
On 27 July 1935 Cuyahoga was placed in an "in service" status and operated as tender and escort for the Presidential yacht. Designated AG-26, 30 November 1937, she remained in the Potomac and Chesapeake Bay until 17 May 1941 when she was placed out of service and returned to the Coast Guard the same day.