Former name retained.
(AM: t. 244; l. 126'; b. 22'5"; dr. 13'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 21; a. 1 3-pdr.)
Crest (No. 339), a freight boat acquired by the Navy, was commissioned on 8 May 1917, Lieutenant (junior grade) P. C. Shea, USNRF, in command. She was assigned minesweeping duty in the 1st Naval District where she also acted as escort and rescue boat. Crest was decommissioned on 28 January 1919 and subsequently returned to her owners.