Thomas Corwin, Secretary of the Treasury, 1850-1853.
The second Corwin was a revenue cutter of 424 tons built at Portland, Oregon, by the Oregon Iron Works in 1876. She was at San Francisco, California when the Spanish-American war broke out, and was ordered to cooperate with the Navy 9 April 1898. Her Commanding Officer, Captain W. J. Harring, her officers and men belonged to the Revenue Cutter service. Employed on the Pacific Coast at San Diego, Calif, she was returned to the Treasury Department by Executive Order on 15 August 1898.