Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Corundum

 

Former name retained.

 

Corundum (IX-164), formerly Limestone, was a non-self-propelled concrete barge acquired from the Maritime Commission, converted for use as a landing craft and vehicle spare parts barge and assigned to Service Force, Pacific Fleet. She was placed in service on 18 July 1944, towed to the Philippines where she rendered assistance to Commander, Service Division 101. On 8 August 1946 she was placed out of service and delivered to the War Shipping Administration.