A Massachusetts sachem who posed strong opposition to the English.
Corbitant (YT-354), formerly Socony No. 4, was built at Port Richmond, N.Y., in 1914 and acquired by the Navy on 25 October 1942. She was assigned to the 15th Naval District where she performed tug duties throughout the war. She was reclassified YTM-354 on 15 May 1944. On 14 April 1947 she was transferred to the State Department for disposal.