A river in Georgia.
(AOG-15: l. 254'; b. 45'; dr. 13'; s. 8 k.)
Conasauga (AOG-15) was built in 1932 as New York Socony by Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp., Sparrows Point, Md.; acquired by the Navy 23 March 1943; and commissioned 19 April 1943, Lieutenant R. T. Traut, USNR, in command.
Sailing from New York 1 May 1943, Conasauga arrived at Oran 28 May. She was attached to Commander, Naval Forces, North African Waters, and carried gasoline to various ports in the Mediterranean until decommissioned and transferred to France under lend lease 25 December 1944. She was returned 17 October 1945 at Palermo, her equipment was salvaged and her hulk sold 19 December 1945.