Former name retained.
(SP: l. 62'2"; b. 30'10"; dr. 5'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 11)
Commander (No. 1247), a motorboat, was built by Beele Wallace Co., Morehead City, N.C.; free leased to the Navy on 17 September 1917; and commissioned 3 January 1918, Boatswain P. H. Reid, Jr., USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 3d Naval District, Commander operated around the New York Navy Yard, helping with the fitting out of submarine chasers. She also engaged in miscellaneous work at the Rockaway Air Station. Commander was decommissioned 5 February 1919 and returned to her owner the next day.