A city in New York State.
(AN-78: dp. 775; l. 168'6"; b. 33'10"; dr. 1010"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 46; a. 1 3"; cl. Cohoes)
The second Cohoes (AN-78) was launched 29 November 1944 by Commercial Iron Works, Portland, Oreg.; sponsored by Mrs. W. W. Johnson; commissioned 23 March 1945, Lieutenant D. B. Little, USNR, in command; and reported to the Pacific Fleet.
After training at Pearl Harbor, Cohoes sailed 20 June 3945 for Eniwetok, arriving 2 July. She remained at Eniwetok installing, maintaining, and then removing the net line there until 16 October, when she sailed for Ponape, arriving 18 October to lay a mooring. In Langar Roads, she salvaged and relaid a Japanese mooring buoy, and performed similar operations in the Carolines and Marshalls until 20 November, when she cleared Kwa.ialein for Pearl Harbor and San Francisco, arriving 12 December for duty at Tiburon Net Depot.
Cohoes served at Tiburon until 8 April 1946, when she sailed for duty at Astoria, Oreg. She returned to San Francisco 3 September, and remained there until 25 August 1947 when she sailed for San Diego, arriving 27 August. There Cohoes was placed out of commission in reserve 3 September 1947.