Towns in Massachusetts and Minnesota.
(AK: l. 406'4"; b. 54'6"; dr. 25'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 42)
The second Cohasset was built in 1918 by Fore River Shipbuilding Corp., Quincy, Mass.; transferred from the Shipping Board 5 December 1918; and commissioned the same day, Lieutenant Commander E. S. B. Beecher, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the Naval Overseas Transportation Service, Cohasset sailed from Boston 22 December carrying Army supplies for St. Nazaire, France, where she arrived 16 January 1919. Returning to Boston 3 March 1919, she reloaded and departed a week later for Bordeaux, France, arriving 25 March. After discharging her cargo at Bordeaux, she steamed to Pauillac where she loaded ammunition for return to the United States. Arriving at Norfolk 29 April 1919, she was decommissioned 9 May 1919 and returned to the Shipping Board the same day.