An Indian tribe belonging to the Illinois Confederacy.
(AT-61: dp. 510; l. 141'; b. 27'7"; dr. 10'7")
The first Cahokia (AT-61) was built in 1920 by Providence Engineering Corp., City Island, N.Y.; transferred to the Navy from the Coast Guard 14 May 1936; and commissioned 6 November 1936, Chief Boatswain W. C. Kasmire in command. She was reclassified YT-135, 1 January 1938.
Assigned to duty in the 12th Naval District, Cahokia operated as a harbor tug at Mare Island Navy Yard. She was reclassified YTB-135, 13 April 1944 and placed in service. She was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal 8 August 1947.