(MB: dp. 6; l. 35'10"; b. 10'18"; dr. 2'2" (aft); s. 7 mph.; cpl. 4)
Bobylu--a wooden-hulled motor boat built in 1915 at Davis, N.C. by Bob Willis--was inspected by the Navy in the 5th Naval District and ordered taken over on 15 October 1917 from her prewar owners, the North Carolina Fisheries Commission, Morehead City, N.C. Delivered on 22 October 1917 and assigned the identification number (Id. No.) 1513, Bobylu was operated by the Navy under a free lease at Norfolk, Va., on "general service" through the end of hostilities with the Central Powers. Ordered returned to her owners on 26 September 1918, she was decommissioned and returned to the North Carolina Fisheries Commission on 8 January 1919.
Robert J. Cressman
30 January 2006