Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Blanche

(Tug: t. 94; l. 83'0"; b. 17'9"; dr. 9'3" (mean); s. 10 mph.; cpl. 14)

Blanche--a tug constructed in 1878 at Philadelphia by William Cramp & Sons--was chartered by the Navy from W. A. Sanders & R. R. Stone of Wilmington, N.C., during the summer of 1918 and commissioned on 26 August 1918. She served in the waters of the 5th Naval District until the beginning of December. On 5 December 1918, Blanche was returned to her owners.

Raymond A. Mann



12 January 2006