The seat of Anoka County, Minn., settled in the 1840s and incorporated in 1878
(YTB-810: dp. 344 (f.); 1. 109'; b. 31'; dr. 14'; s. 12 k. (tl.); cpl. 16; cl. Natick)
Anoka (YTB-810) was laid down on 5 October 1970 at Sturgeon Bay, Wis., by Peterson Builders, Inc.; launched on 15 April 1971; completed on 31 August 1971; and placed in service soon thereafter.
Anoka was assigned to the 5th Naval District and based at Norfolk, Va. She spent her entire Navy career thus far operating as a harbor tug in the lower reaches of the Chesapeake Bay and the estuaries that feed the lower bay. As of the beginning of 1987, Anoka was still active in the 5th Naval District.