(MB: t. 8; 1. 37'11"; b. ll'0"; dr. 31/2 (aft); s. 8 mph.; cpl. 5; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Annabette (SP-1206)—a motorboat built in 1898 by John Archie— was chartered by the Navy from Mr. W. J. Mathewes of Chincoteague, Va., on 15 June 1917 and was placed in commission on 16 August 1917. Assigned to section patrol duties in the 5th Naval District, she cruised the waters of the Norfolk-Hampton Roads area until returned to her owner on 20 December 1918.