Anna B. Smith
The 70-foot wooden-hulled schooner Anna B. Smith—built in 1892 by Joseph B. Brooks, of Little Choptank River, Md., and rebuilt in 1914—is listed in a 5th Naval District Mobilization Plan dated 11 September 1917 as having been "designated . . . and assigned ... to the 5th Naval District." However, at that time, Anna B. Smith—assigned the identification number (Id. No.) 1458—may have been already taken over from the Conservation Commission of Maryland and "enrolled" on 17 August 1917, since she is carried as being "already in naval service." This same source indicates that she was ordered retunred to her previous owner on 26 September 1918 and placed "out of commission" on 9 December of the same year.