(MB: t. 118 (gross); 1. 127'0"; b. 18'10"; dr. 16' (aft); s. 8 k.; cpl. 24; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Anemone TV—a ketch-rigged auxiliary schooner built in 1899 at Gosport, Maine, by Camper & Nicholson—was acquired by the Navy on 3 October 1917 at Fort Townsend, Wash., under free lease from Mr. E. A. Sims. Although she was carried on the Navy list only by her official identification number, SP-1290, numerous government documents, lists, and registers—other than the Navy list—referred to the vessel by the name Anemone IV. Apparently, she was never placed in commission; but she saw active service in the 13th Naval District training recruits at the Naval Training Station, Seattle. She was placed out of service on 3 March 1919 at the Puget Sound Navy Yard and was returned to her owner the following day. Her number was struck from the Navy list concurrently with her return to Mr. Sims.