(YTB-253: dp. 410; 1. 110'; b. 27'; dr. 11'4"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 14; cl. Cahto)
Anacot (YTB-253) was laid down on 18 April 1944 by the Greenport Basin & Construction Co., Long Island, N.Y.; launched on 24 March 1945; and placed in service by the Navy on 15 June 1945 at the New York Navy Yard, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Anacot was then assigned to Service Force, Pacific Fleet and soon got underway for Hawaii. She transited the Panama Canal on 6 August, touched briefly at San Diego and San Francisco, and arrived at Pearl Harbor on 28 September. In late October or early November, the tug was ordered to report to Commander
Service Squadron 7, for duty in the Philippines and reached Manila on 23 November. She provided services in Philippine waters for the next eight months. In June 1946, she was declared to be in excess and scheduled for disposal. However, the vessel was found suitable for use as a fire boat and was transferred to the custody of the Commandant, 14th Naval District. Anacot arrived back at Pearl Harbor on 6 January 1947 and assumed her new duties there.
Anacot remained active at that port through October 1958, when she was placed in reserve, out of service. The Naval Vessel Register of 1 January 1961 listed her status as of June 1960 "to be disposed of, type of disposal not known."
Anacot (YTB-253) (center) and two other tugs escort the battleship Iowa (BB-61) into Pearl Harbor, 28 October 1952. (NH 44539)