Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Alchemy

 

__________

 

(AM-141: dp. 650; 1. 184'6"; b. 33'0"; dr. 9'9"; s. 14.8 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3", 4 40mm.: cl. Admirable)

 

Alchemy (AM-141) was laid down on 8 June 1942 at Tampa, Fla., by the Tampa Shipbuilding Co.; sponsored by Mrs. W. E. Edgarton; and completed on 11 August 1943. On the same day that she was completed, Alchemy was turned over to the Soviet Navy under the terms of the lend-lease program. She served the Soviets as T-114, and they never returned her to the United States. Alchemy was carried on the American Navy list—as MSF-141 after 7 February 1955—until struck on 1 January 1983.