A former Choctaw Indian village, located on Yannubbee Creek, two miles above its confluence with the Petickfa Creek, about eight miles southwest of the present town of Dekalb, in Kemper County, Mississippi. The word Ayanabi means "ironwood."
On 24 March 1945, the name Ayanabi was assigned to the Cholocco-c\ass large yard tug, YTB-504, which was slated for construction in Stamford, Conn., by the Luders Marine Construction Company. However, records indicate that this service craft was never actually laid down. The end of World War II caused a drastic examination of the Navy's building program, and the contract for the construction of Ayanabi was cancelled on 5 November 1945.