(IX-108: dp. 3,380; 1. 365'; b. 50'; dr. 20')
Atlantida (IX-108) was built at Belfast, Ireland, in 1924 by Workman Clark & Co.; owned and operated by the Standard Fruit & Steamship Co.; obtained by the Maritime Commission on 22 May 1942; acquired by the Navy at Norfolk, Va., on 13 September 1943, and simultaneously commissioned, Lt. Comdr. Thomas N. Saul in command.
Atlantida arrived at Yorktown, Va., on 15 September. For the next three months, she operated there as a training ship for the Naval Mine Warfare School. In mid-December, the ship entered the Todd Shipbuilding Corp. yards at Hoboken, N.J., for overhaul.
On 6 April 1944, Atlantida returned to Yorktown to resume her training duties. One month later, she traveled to Norfolk, where she was decommissioned on 16 May 1944 and turned over to the Maritime Commission for disposal. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 9 June. Atlantida was returned to the Standard Fruit and Steamship Co. on 11 March 1946, and remained in merchant service until scrapped in 1960.