Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Aspire

 

(AM-146: dp. 650; 1. 184'6"; b. 33'0"; dr. 9'9"; s. 14.8 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3", 4 40mm.; cl. Admirable)

 

Aspire (AM-146) was laid down on 1 November 1942 at Tampa, Fla., by the Tampa Shipbuilding Co.; launched on 27 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. F. M. Arenberg; and completed on 29 September 1943. That same day, Aspire was turned over to the USSR under the lend-lease program. She served in the Soviet Navy as T-119. The Soviets never returned her to the United States. She was carried on the American Navy list—as MSF-146 after 7 February 1955—until struck on 1 January 1983.