Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Armada

 

__________

 

(AM-145: dp. 650; l. 184'6"; b. 33'0"; dr. 9'9"; s. 14.8 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3", 4 40mm.; cl. Admirable)

 

Armada (AM-145) was laid down on 18 October 1942 at Tampa, Fla., by the Tampa Shipbuilding Co.; launched on 7 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. B. C. Crawford; and completed on 16 September 1943. She was turned over to the USSR on the day of her completion and was commissioned in the Soviet Navy as T-118. The Soviets never returned her to the United States Navy. Armada was carried on the American Navy list—as MSF-145 after 7 February 1955—until 1 January 1983 when her name was struck.