The name of a Pima Indian village in southern Arizona, abandoned during a rebellion in the mid-eighteenth century.
(YTB-259: dp. 410; l. 110'0"; b. 27'0"; dr. 11'4"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 12; a. 2 .50-cal. mg.; cl. Cahto)
Arivaca (YT-259) was laid down on 25 April 1944 at San Francisco, Calif., by Anderson & Cristofani; reclassified a large harbor tug and redesignated YTB-259 on 15 May 1944; launched on 28 October 1944; and placed in service on 24 January 1945.
Arivaca was assigned duty in the 12th Naval District and remained so occupied until the middle of 1955. At the beginning of the summer of 1955, the tug was deactivated preparatory to being loaned to some organization whose identity is not now known. The transfer appears to have taken place in November of 1955, and the loan lasted almost two years. In October of 1957, the tug returned to active service in the 12th Naval District. In February of 1962, Arivaca was reclassified a medium harbor tug and was redesignated YTM-259. Two years later, in February of 1964, Arivaca was sold by the Navy