The ship in Greek legend that was commanded by Jason and manned by the argonauts on their expedition seeking to recover the Golden Fleece
(Yawl: l. 57'0"; b. 16'3")
The second Argo—a yawl built in 1892 at Essex, Mass.—was donated to the Naval Academy in 1906 by Mr. C. G. Fitzgerald of Baltimore, and was used by the midshipmen at Annapolis for 24 years. In 1930, she was turned over to the Navy Relief Society. On 18 April 1930, that organization sold her to the Boy Scouts of the District of Columbia.