Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Arch

 

__________

 

(AM-144: dp. 650; 1.  184'6"; b. 33'0"; dr. 9'9"; s.  14.8 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3", 4 40mm.; cl. Admirable)

 

Arch (AM-144) was laid down on 18 October 1942 at Tampa, Fla., by the Tampa Shipbuilding Co.; launched on 7 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. A. M. Kearny; and completed on 6 September 1943. Transferred to the USSR under the lend-lease program, she served the Soviet Navy as T-117. Never returned to the United States, the minesweeper was carried on the American Navy list—as MSF-44 after 7 February 1955—until her name was struck on 1 January 1983.