(Yacht: t. 167; 1. 140'; b. 18'6"; dr. 8'6" (forward); s. 13 k.; cpl. 23; a. 1 3-pdr., 2 mg.)
Arcady (SP-577)—a steam yacht constructed in 1898 at New York City by Samuel H. Pine—was purchased by the Navy from Mr. Arthur Meeker of Beverly, Mass., on 28 May 1917 and was placed in commission at Boston on 8 June 1917.
Initially assigned to the 1st Naval District, the converted yacht acted as duty and guard boat at the Boston Navy Yard. She also conducted patrols off Provincetown, Mass., and near the Cape Cod Canal. In October of 1918, Arcady was reassigned to the 2d Naval District and performed patrol duty out of the Submarine Base, New London, Conn. That assignment lasted until April of 1919 at which time she moved to New York City. Arcady was placed out of commission at the Marine Basin in New York on 12 May 1919. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 17 May 1919; and, on 20 September 1919, she was sold to Mr. C. R. Stewart of Arlington, N.J.