A. G. Prentiss
(Tug: dp. 130; l. 76'; b. 17.2'; dr. 7' (mean); s. 9 k.; cpl. 6; a. none)
A. G. Prentiss—a small wooden-hulled tug built in 1912 at Kennebunk, Maine—was inspected by the Navy in the 3d Naval District on 6 March 1918 and selected for service and delivered to the Navy on 25 March 1918 under a charter approved three days later.
A. G. Prentiss—given the identification number (Id. No.) 2413—apparently served in the 3d Naval District for her entire career, as she is listed as having that area as her duty station in the 1918 Ship's Data volume. However, there are no extant deck logs to confirm this inference. Records indicate that A. G. Prentiss was returned to her owner on 2 December 1918, and her name stricken from the Navy list the same day.