Gray Lady Down
OBJECTIVE: Students discover the effects of pressure on objects and humans at extreme ocean depths, and discuss how that affects submarine travel.
- Brainstorm with the class about what it's like to go to sea on a submarine.
- How would their lives at sea be different? the same?
- What would be the best part of living underwater? the worst?
- How long would they want to stay underwater?
- How do they think air/water pressure would affect them?
MUSEUM LINK: View the bathyscaph Trieste and learn more about Thresher during your visit to The Navy Museum.