DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060
1. Collects, accessions, catalogs, preserves, and stores the Navy's primary collections of artifacts and historical photographs.
2. Has Navy-wide responsibility for recording data on other historical properties held by shore and afloat commands.
3. Provides research and reference services on the Navy's material heritage and on the Curator Branch photographic collection.
4. Loans artifacts to eligible recipients. Loans are made for historical purposes only.
5. Coordinates Navy-wide curatorial matters and maintains liaison with Navy museums, naval commands, and other organizations interested in historical naval properties.
9 April 2001