Deck Log Section
Until further notice, the NHHC Archives are closed to researchers, and are limited in responding to official reference requests. This includes all Archives sections (Operational, Aviation, Ships, Deck Logs, and Photographic). As a result of sequestration, these closures are necessary to balance ongoing preservation and conservation efforts with information service management.
A major archival storage facility renovation is currently underway to improve environmental controls for 12,000 cubic feet of paper, microform, and digital media in buildings 44 and 108. An extensive mold remediation project will take place at the same time. Together, these projects will ensure that the collections we hold are better protected, and will greatly improve access to these valuable records in the future.
We regret any inconvenience these closures may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Receives and maintains deck logs from U.S. Navy ships for the previous 30 years and provides reference assistance to the Navy and the public on matters relating to deck logs.
Washington Navy Yard, first floor of Building 200 Map of Washington Navy Yard and Information on Visiting the NHHC
Phone: (202) 433-3224, DSN 288-3224
- Policy and procedures for Veterans Administration Requests
- Policy and procedures for Requests from the General Public
- Carrier Deployments and Port Visits for Vietnam Conflict
- Ships that submit Deck Logs to the NHHC
- Purpose and Content of Deck Logs
- Location of Deck Log Archives Storage
- Format, Research and Duplication of Deck Logs
- What information is not found in Deck Logs
- Deck Logs of MSC/MSTS ships
- Merchant Ship Logs
- History of Navy Ships, Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships