Return to Naval Historical
Center home page. Return to Bibliography
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060
Cruise Books of the United States Navy in World War
NAVAL HISTORY BIBLIOGRAPHIES, NO. 2
Brackets. Information in brackets has been obtained
from a source other than the book itself. A date with a question
mark in brackets indicates the date is estimated.
Titles. In some cases, the title on the title page differs
from the title page on the cover; sometimes the spine of the book
has still another title. When more than one title appears, the
first one listed is taken from the title page; this is the title
librarians use in cataloging. Titles taken from other locations
in the book are so designated.
Facts of publication. Because some of the facts of publication
may be missing, n.p. is used to indicate that no place of publication
is given, and n.d. indicates no date appears or has been estimated.
A company name may be the publisher of the book, it may be the
printer of the book, or it may be a company that handles both
functions; the last two are unusual facts to give in a book.
Description. Cover sizes are stated in centimeters (cm),
with the vertical measure appearing before the horizontal. If
only one number is listed, it is the vertical dimension.
References. If a book has been mentioned in an earlier
publication, that reference is noted.
Copy location. Facilities known to have a copy of the book
are listed by the following abbreviations:
- Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Archives, Washington, D.C.
- Mystic Seaport Library, Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic, Connecticut
- Navy Department Library, Building 57, Washington Navy Yard,
Washington, D.C. 20374-0571
- Admiral Nimitz State Historical Park, 340 E. Main Street,
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
- Naval War College Library, Newport, Rhode Island 02841-5010
- New York Public Library, Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street, New
York, New York 10018
- National Museum of Naval Aviation, Naval Air Station, Pensacola,
- Navy Supply Corps Museum, Athens, Georgia 30606-5000
- Submarine Force Library and Museum, Crystal Lake Road, Groton,
- Civil Engineer Corps-Seabee Museum, Naval Construction Battalion
Center, Port Hueneme, California 93043
- Treasure Island Museum, Building 1, Treasure Island, San
Francisco, California 94130-5018
- Nimitz Library, U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland 21402-5029