Naval Historical Center
805 Kidder Breese Street SE
Washington Navy Yard, DC 20374-5060
Rear Admiral William Parsons was involved in the development of the radio proximity fuse and the atomic bomb. From 1946 to 1949, he held a number of positions relating to the development of atomic energy for military uses. He joined the Weapons Systems Evaluations Group in 1949, and in 1951-1952 served as Commander, Cruiser Division 6.
Scope and Content Note
This collection includes speeches,
studies, and both official and unofficial correspondence, which cover all of
aspects of his career. Some personal correspondence from his father and family
photographs are present as well.
This collection should be cited as Papers of William S. Parsons, Operational Archives Branch, Naval Historical Center, Washington, D.C.
3 July 2003