Washington Navy Yard Directions
|Construction on the Southeast Riverwalk trail, between the east end of the WNY Riverwalk and the intersection of 11th & O Streets, is currently taking place until the end of April, 2013. Until the completion of this work, that portion of the trail is closed to the public and no one will be able to exit the Riverwalk at 11th and O St. SE after visiting destroyer Barry. The 4th St. SE exit will be the only Riverwalk exit available during the construction process.|
NEW POLICY - USS Barry access from Navy Yard >Please Read
Visiting the Naval History and Heritage Command >View
Visiting the National Museum of the United States Navy >View
Entrance Gates >View
Driving Directions to WNY
Directions using Google Maps >View
- Buses must enter via the 11th and O St. SE gates.
- The General Public can bring cars onto the Navy Yard on weekends only and should use the 6th and M St. SE gate.
- Pedestrians may use any entry gate Monday to Friday, and only the 6th and M St. SE gate on weekends.
Public Transportation Directions and more
Metro (Subway) >View
Public Bus >View
Washington Navy Yard Map and Additional Information
NOTE : Picnic tables are available near the Museum and throughout the Navy Yard for those who wish to bring their lunch and eat outside.
Building 44 1st Floor The Navy Department Library 2nd Floor Entrance to Curator & Photographic Section in Building 108
Early History Branch
Public Affairs Office
Contemporary History Branch
Director of Naval History
3rd Floor Operational Archives
Navy Art Gallery
Future Cold War Gallery
The U.S. Navy Museum
Entrance to Curator & Photographic Section
Building 70 and Building 57
Naval Aviation News
Ships History / Deck Logs
Other Places of Interest at the Washington Navy Yard:
- Eating Facilities
- USS Barry: A decommissioned 1950s destroyer, open to visitors as a display ship.
- Parks in the Navy Yard: view naval ordnance, a World War I railway gun, and a Vietnam-era PCF "Swift boat".