(Ketch: t. 54; 1. 80'; b. 19'3"; dph. 11'3"; dr. 11'5"; s. 7 k.)
Vileehi—a wooden-hulled ketch with an auxiliary engine—was designed by Edson B. Schock and built in 1930 at San Diego, Calif., by the San Diego Marine Construction Co. The vessel was acquired by the Navy from Hiram T. Horton of San Diego on 23 December 1941. Assigned to the 11th Naval District on 17 February 1942, Vileehi was given the designation IX-62 and placed in service on 26 February. She operated locally out of San Diego for the remainder of World War II and was placed out of service on 20 September 1945. Returned to her owner on 27 September, Vileehi was struck from the Navy list on 24 October 1945.