A garden plant derived chiefly from the wild Pansy of Europe by hybridizing the latter with other wild violets.
(Yacht: dp. 431; l. 152’; b. 25’; dr. 7’7”; cpl. 23)
The second Pansy, a steam yacht built in 1878 at Philadelphia, Pa., was acquired by the Navy from the Lighthouse Service 24 April 1917, shortly after the United States had declared war on Germany. After the war ended, she was returned to the Lighthouse Service, Department of Commerce, 1 July 1919.