Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Merito

 

Former name retained.

 

(SP‑279: l. 60'; b. 10'6" dr. 3'3"; s. 12 k.; a. 1 1‑pdr.,

 

Merito (SP‑279), built by Swazey, Raymond & Page, was acquired by the U.S. Navy on a free‑lease basis from B. C. Dunlap, New York City, 23, May 1917, and placed in service 11 July 1917.

 

Employed as a section patrol boat in the 3d Naval District for 5 months Merito was returned to her owner 19 December 1917.