A former name retained.
(ScStr: dp. 10,400 (n.); l. 385'; b. 53'; dr. 24'; s. 11.5 k.; cpl. 62; a. 1 4", 1 3")
Munindies, a cargo ship, was launched by the Newport News Shipbuilding Co., Newport News, Va., 17 October 1917; acquired by the Navy from the Munson Steamship Lines 17 December 1917; and commissioned at Norfolk the same day, Lt. Comdr. H. J. Christofferson, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to NOTS, Munindies loaded on 5,200 tons of Army cargo at Philadelphia, Pa., and sailed for Europe in convoy 4 January 1918, arriving La Pallice, France, the 25th. She departed Bordeaux, France, for the east coast 27 February, arriving 2 March. Munindies made three more crossings to Europe before returning to New York 11 December.
On 11 January Munindies got underway with general supplies for Argentina, reaching La Plata 12 February to debark her cargo. The cargo ship returned to New York 4 April to decommission 24 July. That same day Munindies was delivered to USSB for return to her owner.