Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1087

 

LST-1087 was laid down on 11 December 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 3 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Robert Maybin; and commissioned on 2 March 1945, Lt. H. C. Moses in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1087 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1947. She was decommissioned on 11 August 1947 and struck from the Navy list on 29 September that same year. On 18 April 1948, the ship was transferred to the United States Army for operation.