Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1059

 

LST-1059 was laid down on 3 March 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 14 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Corinne G. Harris; and commissioned on 17 May 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1059 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July 1946. She was decommissioned on 14 September 1946 and sold to the Morrison Knudsen Co., Shanghai, China, on 14 January 1947. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 23 April 1947.