LST-936 was laid down on 7 July 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 9 August 1944; sponsored by Miss Dorothy M. Wadman; and commissioned on 1 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-936 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Mindanao Island landings in March and April 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 17 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 12 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.
LST-936 earned one battle star for World War II service.